Developer Sprint email@example.com
On september 31th till october the 1st the second developer sprint in 2013 took place in Mettmann, Germany.
Up to 5 core-developers joined and hacked the core for a weekend.
Besides bugfixing and layout-optimizations, the team started many new features and reworked some legacy code. Many of those changes will be included in the upcoming 4.3 release.
To highlight a few ones among the changes:
- The image-processing API was redesigned and rewritten from scratch. The new API makes use of plugins and provides a batch-processing of manipulations with full caching, boosting the speed of image-manipulation by about 30%.
- The portal-editor finally supports drag n drop.
- The backend-skin uses a new font, new icons and was was improved in many places.
- The work on a new search-engine started. Instead of fireing live-queries with full table scans, the new search will use an index created before. Since the search is still work in progress, it'll be shipped in a future release.
- Many, many more small improvements.